Usually when we use a networked printer they suddenly stop working. We need to know the static (private) IP address of the printer that Mano is using to confirm this. There are several different ways to find the IP address of this networked printer.
Provides a network printer menu button with this built-in Ethernet port. Which allows you to track the IP address assigned to you. This allows us to print a self-test or configuration page from the printer.
If it’s our job to find the network printer’s IP address from the menu display, or if our printer is connected to a printer server that does not have a display, we can find its address from our computer on any network configured to use this printer. To find the printer IP address from these windows, you can see the following.
- Start – Printers and Fax, or Start – Control Panel – Printers and Fax
- Right-click on the printer name and then click Properties on the left.
- Expand the first column that shows the IP address of the printers after clicking the Ports tab.
If you are using DHCP on your networked printer, you can connect to your router as before and then find out the IP address of the printer from this DHCP status page. This router enables all host machines assigned these types of dynamic IP addresses.
You can ping your network with the help of a computer connected to the network. To do this, look at your arp table and on your computer, click [Start] -> [Run …] and type “cmd” and then [Enter] then type the word “ipconfig” to find the address of your network. The network address is then found by performing a logical operation on your IP address and subnet mask.
You can also use the command “netstat -r” to find out the IP address of all available network routes. However, if you feel that your printer has a problem communicating with any other network device, you may not be able to find out the IP address of your printer by using the “netstat” command.
Here’s how to find the printer IP address in Windows 10.
If you are looking for the IP address of the wireless printer you have, you can find out the various methods below to find the IP address of the printer in Windows 10.
Find the printer IP address in Windows 10
Like any other device connected to your computer, this wireless printer can extract from its own unique IP address on the network.
It allows you to identify this wireless printer as well as other devices on the network and connect to your printer using its IP address.
Users usually need to know the IP address of the printer to add a printer using the IP address to solve these connectivity issues.
1. Print out the configuration sheet and find out your printer IP address through it.
Most wireless printers, however, list the IP address on the configuration page. These configuration sheets can be printed by holding down the power button for 10 seconds.
On other printers, you can print the configuration page by going to the control or settings panel on the printer. (Menu> Info> Print Configuration).
If your printer makes any difference, list that IP address and then check the user manual to see if the configuration provides a way to print the page.
2. Find the printer IP address from the router.
If the network printer uses DHCP, you can find out its IP address by logging into the router.
- Turn on the printer so that it connects to the router.
- Open Chrome or any other web browser on your computer> Type the router IP address in the address bar and press the Enter key.
- On the next screen, login to the router by entering your router username and password.
Log in to the router
Once you are logged in, you can find the IP address by going to the list of wireless clients (under the DHCP or Advanced section).
Note: The above steps do not apply or change depending on the model of your router. See the router manual for exact details or visit the manufacturer’s website.
3. Find the printer IP address using the settings.
- You can find the printer’s IP address by going to the Settings menu on your Windows 10 computer.
- Open Settings on your personal computer and click on the Devices tab.
- Devices selection in the Windows 10 settings screen
- On the next screen, click on Printers and Scanners in the left pane. In the right pane, select your printer and click on Manage option.
Manage printer selection in Windows.
- On the next screen, select the printer and click on Printer Properties option.
- Open the Printer Properties option in Windows
On the Printer Properties screen, you should find the Printer IP address in the “Location” section of the General tab.
If you cannot find the printer IP address in the General tab, click on the Ports tab and select the port with the check mark.
The Ports tab of the Printer Properties screen in Windows 10
Expand the first column (port) to see if the IP address is listed. If not, click on the Configure Port option and you will see the IP address on the next screen.
4. Find the printer IP address using the control panel
- If you cannot print the configuration page, you can find your printer’s IP address by going to the Printer Properties page.
- Right click on the Start button and then click on Run on your computer.
- . Type this run command in the control panel in that window and then OK.
- Open the Control Panel by using the Run command.
- . Click on the Control Panel link on this screen, such as Viewing Devices, Printers under the Hardware and Sound section.
- See the Devices and Printers option in the Control Panel in Windows 10.
- On the next screen, right-click on the printer and then click on the Printer Properties option.
- On Windows 10 devices, select the Printer Properties option on the Printers screen.
On the next screen, you will see the Printer IP address in the Location section of this tab in General.
Let’s find your printer IP address in the General tab of the Printer Properties screen.
If you do not see the printer IP address in the General tab. Click on the Ports tab then select the port with the check mark and expand the port column.
Let us know how to open the Ports tab of the Printer Properties screen in Windows 10.
If you confirm that the IP address is not listed in the port column, click on the option of this configured port, then you can view the IP address on the screen.
5. How to find printers IP address by command prompt.
- Right-click on the Start that appears and then click on the Command Prompt.
- In this command prompt screen, type netstat -R. Press the Enter key after entering.
As soon as this command is executed your wireless printer will be listed with an IP address and then you will be able to see the IP address of all network connections.
One thing we need to remember here is that this method does not work if your printer is going through network or connectivity issues.