If you’re a student from a US-based University, College, or any other educational institution, then you might already have an edu email. This is a special type of email account that is given only to US students and that too for free. But if you are here, then you probably are a non-US-based student. So if you’re also among those people surfing all over the internet in search of free edu email, then you’re at the best place. Here, we will assist you in the best way possible.
Creating a free edu email account is not a difficult task nowadays. Many platforms provide edu email services for money whereas many provide for free as well. So here we have discussed all the free ways through which you can obtain an edu email account for free. Note that all the below-mentioned methods are well scrutinized and are 100% working at the time of writing. We hope that these methods won’t fail you. If you’re short on time, you can also buy an instant edu email account.
- 1 What are the benefits of having a .edu email account?
- 2 How to create a free edu email account?
What are the benefits of having a .edu email account?
There are many advantages of having an edu email account. So before moving on, let’s dive into some of the prime benefits that you can get after successfully creating a free edu email by following our procedures.
GitHub Student Developer Pack
You all might already be familiar with GitHub. The company offers tons of attractive features for students. Not only this, but you can also get free stuff if you log in with your .edu email. Below are the benefits that GitHub offers exclusively to students.
- Unlimited private repositories by GitHub as long as you’re a student that costs $7 per month
- A Digital Ocean coupon worth $50 with a 12-month validity
- A flat $15 Amazon AWS coupon
- Annual Business 3 plan from Bitnami that costs $49 per month
- HackHands credits worth $25
- Annual .ME domain name from NameCheap worth $18.99 and a one year SSL certificate worth $10
- A two-year personal hosting DNS plan from DNSimple that costs $5 per month
- Unlocked access to Crowdflower
- SendGrid’s Student plan offers 15,000 emails per month for free
- Unlocks access to Travis CI’s private builds costing $69 per month as long as you’re a student
- Orchestrate Developer account costing $49 per month as long as you’re a student.
Autodesk is a multinational software corporation that provides tons of software for several industries such as architecture, engineering, media, education, etc. The company supports students and is concerned about their future, as they are the future. When you register an account on Autodesk with your .edu email account, you will get several software and licenses for free as long as you’re a student.
Amazon Student Pack
Amazon also supports students and provides several attractive offers. If you register with an Amazon student account using your .edu email, then you get free Amazon Prime completely free for six months. Besides being the second-best OTT platform, prime offers other benefits as well.
Google G Suite
Lately, Google has limited its free cloud storage for everyone. But if you sign in to Google with your .edu student email account, you will get 5 TB free cloud storage. So now you won’t feel a lack of space and can store as much data as you want.
Microsoft Office 365
Microsoft, being the world’s leading software company, has a lot to offer you if you’re a student, or say, if you have an edu email account. Signing in with the student account, you can easily get Microsoft Office 365 for free. Moreover, signing in on Microsoft Azure will give you free credits worth $100.
Read More: How to delete doordash account in Easy Steps
How to create a free edu email account?
Benefits are a luxury, but the crux of the matter here is how to successfully create a free edu email account. So keeping that in mind, let’s take you on a ride with multiple methods that’ll get you a .edu email for free.
Method 1: Create a free edu email account
OpenCC provides access to several colleges and universities based in the US. Now follow the below steps and get a .edu email account for free using this service.
- Click Here and sign up on OpenCC. Click on “Create an Account” and then click “Begin Creating My Account”
- The next step requires US information. If you’re a US citizen then fill yours, otherwise, Click Here.
- Fill up the generated information in the form correctly. Remember that age should be below 23.
- Now, add contact details, email, and phone number, if you have one of US.
- At last, set the username, password, pin, and a security question in case you forget the pin. Solve the captcha and finally click on “Create My Account”
Method 2: Create a free edu email account
Diablo Valley College is one among many other US colleges that provides .edu email for free. Just follow these steps and you’re all set.
- First of all, Click Here to successfully land on the desired website.
- Click on “Enroll as a new student”
- Now on a new page, you’ll be given some steps. Click on Step 1 and then click “CCCApply”
- Here, you have to apply for a .edu email. You’ll get it after a few hours or so
- If there’s a problem logging in with your account, you may have to reset the password or log in from Outlook.
Method 3: Create a free edu email account
Illinois Central College also provides a free edu email account. So you can take help from them. Follow the below easy steps.
- First of all, connect to a United States IP Address, using a VPN. Then Click Here.
- Now register at Illinois Central College. You can use the details that you generated from Method 1.
- After clicking on “Next Step” you will be asked for your address, email, and phone number. You can use the same from Method 1.
- Now you’ll be asked to answer some simple general questions. Do it yourself
- After that, you’ll be asked about your Academic Record. This needs to be filled in properly. Select any course, University, and graduation year
- Finally, select the checkbox before “I Certify” and click on Submit.
Method 4: Create a free edu email account
Another way you can get a free edu email is by registering at the College of Sequoias. Using all the information generated in Method 1, you can successfully register and get a .edu email account. Just follow the below steps.
- Click Here and start your registration by clicking on “Getting Started”
- Now, click on the “CCCApply” link in the first point.
- If you already have a CCCApply account, then just login and apply successfully
- If you don’t have a CCCApply account, then follow the same procedure as that in Method 2
- That’s it! You’ll get a mail within 12 hours and another mail after 24 hours with your .edu email id and password
Method 5: Create a free edu email account
Orange Coast College is yet another one that’ll provide you a free edu email if you register at it. Now you already know the full procedure, so you can do it on your own. Just go to its website and start registering. Soon you’ll get a free edu email account. Just remember that your age should be between 21 and 24. You can use the same information that you generated in Method 1. So now you’re good to go.